Startup Pitch India is a ground breaking innovation platform designed to boost next generation entrepreneurs in India. Powered by CoKaCo, Startup Pitch India provides disruptive startups with funding, mentors and connects with leading financial services companies. Z Nation Lab has associated itself with CoKaCo and Moneyfifty50 to present Start Pitch India.
Z Nation Lab, an early stage accelerator, provides an ecosystem to tech entrepreneurs and startups to help them accelerate their growth. Z Nation Lab empowers entrepreneurs with capital, technical expertise and network by bringing together high-quality mentors, subject matter experts, experienced professionals, investors and VCs under one roof to curate a community that offers an environment for innovation to thrive.
Team NewsBarons spoke with Neha Jain, Director & CMO at Z Nation Lab and Deep Ajmera, CVO at CoKaCo (NNM NextGen Advisory) about Startup Pitch India that guarantees the winning startups a minimum funding of INR 1 crore.
NB: What is the USP of Startup Pitch India?
Neha: With Startup Pitch India, we are creating an ecosystem for startups where ideas are respected and the innovations are rewarded. This is the first time in India where a minimum of INR 1 Crore funding is guaranteed to the start-ups.
NB: What will be the benefits for the participating start-ups?
Neha: The participating startups will receive:
- 2 Mentoring sessions of 15 mins each with a mentor and an investor on the event day.
- 2 invitation passes for the event day 9th September per every registered start-up. (This allows the startups to meet the mentors and investors on one on one basis and network with the entire start-up eco system. This pass gives them an access for lunch and snacks served at the venue.)
- 25% discount coupons on co-working space at Workloft.
- Big Rock will provide e-coupons to participants of Startup pitch India with discount coupons which shall allow them to avail 10% off on orders above Rs 599.
NB: On what parameters did you select the finalists?
Neha: The finalists are selected on the basis of one on one meeting with our mentors.
NB: What all benefits will the finalist receive?
Deep: The finalists at Startup Pitch India will get:
- A chance of winning Rs. 1 crore funding
- Media Coverage for the winning startup
- Co working space for 3 months for 2 selected startups by the jury
- 10,000$ worth freebies from our ecosystem partners to selected startups selected by our jury
- 100% sponsorship from ZNation Lab Startup Bootcamp Program
- 200 Hours of mentorship commitment by our mentors towards selected start-ups.
NB: What are the major areas, in your experience, that startups require huge support and guidance?
Neha: Across the various startups we have supported over the period, we recognized the following areas of concern:
- Fund Raising
- Creating Disruptive Business Model
- Strategy Consulting
- Implementation Support
- Team Management