Sanjiv Bajaj, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, Bajaj Finserv Ltd. has been elected as the Chairman and Sunil Mathur, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, Siemens Ltd. has been elected as the Deputy Chairman of the CII Western Region for the year 2019-20 respectively.
Sanjiv Bajaj, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, Bajaj Finserv Ltd. has been elected as the Chairman of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Western Region for the year 2019-20 while Mr Sunil Mathur, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, Siemens Ltd. has been elected as the Deputy Chairman of the CII Western Region for the year 2019-20. Their names were announced at the first meeting of the reconstituted Western Regional Council.
Building on the priorities of the earlier themes, CII Western Region in 2019-20 will work on the theme of Competitiveness of India Inc./India@75: Forging Ahead.
As a part of this, the major focus areas would be Skilling and Employment, Rural-Urban Connect, Energy Security, Environmental Sustainability and Governance.
Sanjiv Bajaj is Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer of Bajaj Finserv Ltd. Bajaj Finserv operates in the insurance business through Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Company Limited and Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Limited, as well as in the lending business through Bajaj Finance Limited. His role includes guiding the current businesses and building new ones in the financial services space.
He is also the :
- Vice Chairman of Bajaj Finance Ltd. since 15 October 2013.
- Chairman of Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Company and Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company with effect from 1 April 2013. Was the Non-Executive Director of these two companies from their inception in 2001 up to 31 March 2013.
- Managing Director of Bajaj Holdings & Investment Limited with effect from 1 April 2012 (earlier its Non-executive Director). Role includes building the strategy and team, and guiding this investment company, which has almost Rs. 60,000 crore in cash and investments including over 30% stake in Bajaj Auto and around 40% in Bajaj Finserv.
- Former Executive Director of Bajaj Auto Limited (until 31 March 2012), having headed Finance & Control, legal & international business functions of Bajaj Auto over different periods from 1994 until 2012 and currently its Non-Executive Director.
- Ernst & Young – EY Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2017
- Bombay Management Association (BMA) – Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2015-16
- Business World – India’s Most Valuable CEOs in 2015 & 2016
- Ernst & Young – EY Entrepreneur of the Year Award in Financial Services 2014
- Economic Times Corporate Dossier – India Inc’s top hundred most powerful CEOs in India in 2009
- Business Today magazine – One of the top CFOs of India for 2005
Sanjiv Bajaj is B.E. (Mech), first class with distinction (8th on merit list) from the University of Pune, M.Sc (Manufacturing Systems Engg) with distinction from the University of Warwick, UK and MBA from Harvard Business School, USA.
He is also the Chairman, CII National Committee on Insurance and Pensions (2018-19).
Sunil Mathur is Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Siemens Ltd.
Mr. Mathur earned a Bachelor of Science degree from Punjab University and is a Chartered Accountant (member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India).
He has been with Siemens for over 26 years, holding several senior management positions in Germany and the UK in the Energy and Industry Sectors. Starting his career in the Internal Audit team in Delhi in 1987, he moved on to join the Business Administration Group in the Energy Sector. He was Cluster CFO for South Asia in July 2008 and was Executive Director and Chief Financial Officer of Siemens Ltd. from December 2008 till December 2013.
During his stint as the CFO of Siemens India, he was part of Siemens AG CFO’s Management Team that consisted of the Sector CFOs, the Heads of the Corporate
Departments and selected Country CFOs.
He is Chairman, CII Smart Manufacturing Council for 2018-19.
He was also Chairman, CII Smart Manufacturing Council in 2017-18.