3.72 million active profiles as at March 31, 2019, a growth of 9.5% as compared to March 31, 2018
Matrimony, the leading online matrimony company, announced its audited standalone and consolidated financial results for the fourth quarter and year ended March 31, 2019, as approved by its board of directors.
Murugavel Janakiraman, Chairman and Managing Director said, “Q4 was a robust quarter in terms of billing growth. This will drive revenue momentum in the coming quarter and provide us with a good start to the financial year. We are confident of our on-going measures towards customer centricity that will help us deliver an enhanced performance in FY20”.
Key consolidated financial highlights for the quarter ended March 31, 2019
- Billing at Rs 94.8 crores (growth of 10.9% q/q and 6.3% y/y)
- Revenue at Rs 86.1 crores (growth of 1 % q/q and 2.1% y/y)
- EBITDA at Rs 8.1 crores (decline of 19.7% q/q and 59.4% y/y)
- PAT at Rs 7.3 crores (growth of 6.5% q/q, decline of 56.7% y/y)
- Marketing costs in the quarter were Rs 24 crores, an increase of 8.7% q/q and 65.9% y/y. This has mainly caused the EBITDA and PAT to decline. These are on-going investments to fuel future growth.
Key consolidated financial highlights for the year ended March 31, 2019
- Billing at Rs 355.9 crores (growth of 4.1%)
- Revenue at Rs 348.4 crores (growth of 3.9%)
- EBITDA at Rs 56.7 crores (decline of 27%)
- PAT at Rs 43.1 crores (*decline of 29%)
- Marketing costs for the year were Rs 81 crores, an increase of 44.6%. This has mainly caused the EBITDA and PAT to decline. These are on-going investments to fuel future growth.
*Excluding exceptional income of Rs 12.8 crores in FY18
- 3.72 million active profiles as at March 31, 2019, a growth of 9.5% as compared to March 31, 2018
- Added 4.1 million profiles and 731,000 paid subscriptions in FY19
The Board of Directors, at its meeting held on May 9, 2019 have recommended a final dividend of 30% (Rs 1.5 per equity share of par value of Rs 5 each), subject to the approval of the Shareholders