The card enables students to withdraw money from ATMs across the globe in the local currency.
ICICI Bank announced the launch of an enhanced version of its ‘ICICI Bank Student Travel Card’. The new multicurrency card offers enhanced benefits to the students worth up to Rs. 5,000 and is now available in 15 currencies. The card, previously available in five currencies namely USD, EURO, GBP, AUD and CAD, can also be availed in SGD, AED, CHF, JPY, SEK, ZAR, SAR, THB, NZD and HKD.
• Students can manage international expenses of their studies with just one card
The card offers a convenient, safe and hassle-free way to manage education related expenses to students, who are going abroad for higher studies and their parents who will reload money digitally from India. While it helps the students to pay for expenses such as application fee, university admission fee, other course related fee, hostel fee and day-to-day living expenses, their parents can seamlessly and digitally reload the card from India. The card enables students to withdraw money from ATMs across the globe in the local currency.
Also, students get the added benefits of free comprehensive travel insurance, lost card liability insurance, Croma shopping voucher, 40% discount on excess courier baggage as well as 20% discount on overall courier service by DHL and a replacement card which can be activated instantly in the event of loss/damage of the primary card.
Speaking on the initiative, Sudipta Roy, Head – Unsecured Assets, ICICI Bank said “ICICI Bank is pleased to offer a specialised and enhanced travel card for students who travel abroad to pursue higher studies. With a steady increase in the number of students heading abroad for higher studies, the student travel card has been equipped with added benefits and features. We believe that these enhanced features will comprehensively assist students and their parents in meeting their various payment needs. Also, this gives parents a convenient and hassle free way of sending money to their children for their expenses. This is in line with the Bank’s philosophy of providing innovative and relevant solutions for our customers.”
Key benefits offered by the ICICI Bank Student Travel Card:
• Available in 15 currencies
• 40% discount on excess courier baggage as well as 20% discount on overall courier service by DHL
• Croma shopping voucher
• Card Protection Plus insurance worth Rs 1,600
• Lost card/Counterfeit card liability coverage up to Rs 5,00,000
• Replacement card in the event of loss/damage of primary card
• International Student Identity Card (ISIC) membership. The ISIC card is the only internationally accepted proof of bona fide student status and offers exclusive discounts and offers at over 1,50,000 merchant outlets across over 130 countries
The card has a validity of five years and can be applied for using the Bank’s mobile banking platform, iMobile or from any foreign exchange- enabled ICICI Bank branch. Anyone, including non-customers of the Bank, can apply for this card.